Kalopsia: the delusion of things being more beautiful than they are. It is also the name of my blog.
This is my first post (obviously). It’s a clean slate. I’m starting out fresh just like this year! Yay.
I have had many, many attempts in blogging, and a lot of them are failed. In fact, all of them were a major flop. I also didn’t really feel like doing it after like weeks of starting it. I’m really impatient so…
This has been a lot of trial and error, but I am going to stay resilient and persevere and just…see how this goes. It could be a major fail, but this does have the potential of being the best thing I’ve ever done in my life.
Wow, I’m really dramatic.
Aaaaaannnnd I’m also rambling. GREAT.
But anyways, this was on my new year’s resolution to do this, other than a bunch of generic stuff like “DO WELL IN SCHOOL” or “STOP USING LOLOL AS MUCH WHEN YOU TEXT YOUR FRIENDS.” I’m gonna stop rambling and get to the point.
I am Misaki Nakamura. No, that is not my real name, just an alias. Like I stated before, I have had many other blogs, but they’re all deleted and major fails, but this one… I have a feeling this one might be okay. The other ones all had one thing in common:
I didn’t have a purpose. I didn’t have something distinct and unique to make my blog special. It was meaningless. It was bland. It was abysmal.
As I was saying, I have wanted to start a blog and actually keep it for at least 5 months or higher before I delete this. My other blogs have lasted for like…1 month or 2 before I just wasn’t feeling this and decided to delete everything. I only got like 7 followers at the most lol
Another reason on why I wanted to start a blog is because there are loads of theories that the world’s gonna end this year and I sort of believe them, and I was going to start this blog in 2018 but I might as well start it now ’cause WHY NOT I’M NOT GONNA TAKE ANY CHANCES HAHA #YOLO SWAGGINS
But now, I want to start a blog because of a few reasons. And none of them include followers. Allow me to name a few:
- I love writing. I like writing stories to myself on Google Docs and don’t have the courage to share shit like this. I hope this blog will help me improve on my writing. Then again, I don’t know how, but I’ll find a way.
- I want to pour out my feelings to someone without knowing who they are and vice versa. The hormones are going to rage.
- I have a feeling this will open a lot of opportunities for me. I don’t know what they are, but I just have a feeling.
- All the fun this blog is gonna give me. I’m going to be in high school soon and I’m scared shitless. So, I definitely will talk about high school sooner or later. I can’t wait to document my life on this blog lolol (I think I might regret this)
- I lied about #3. I know this blog will give me the opportunity to become a better person. I have flaws. A LOT of them. I strongly believe this blog can help me reflect on my flaws and maybe get rid of the ones I want to destroy.
I can name more, but I don’t want this post to solely revolve around the reasons on why I wanted to start a blog.
But NEW TOPIC! Why I named this Kalopsia.
It was just gonna be kalopsia and not kalopsiaxx, but someone beat me to kalopsia. 😦
I wanted to call my blog kalopsia because I wanted to be an aesthetic bitch, and I also just wanted my blog name to have meaning and not just random aesthetic words combined in it and call it a day, no. I just thought the more meaningful this blog is, the more potential it has and the more I’ll like it. But fun fact, kalopsia is a Greek word. Don’t you just love learning?
So, for that one person other than me who’s seeing this, allow me to tell you what you’re going to see in this blog:
- Random stuffs (topics I want to express my opinion and thoughts on)
- When I go travel you’ll see posts about my “super exciting life” (I literally just watch Dan and Phil all day)
- BOOK REVIEWS (not a pro critic)
- And some stories that I can share (I’m a wannabe writer)
- Movie/show reviews (again, not a pro critic, so it means nothing lol)
- And more…
…I think that’s it. To that person, if I’m lucky, people, thank you for reading this post. Maybe follow me for support? It would be a shame to see this blog die when I just started it. I need all the support I can get because I have so many ideas and things I want to share, so if you can follow me, that would be awesome (desperate much?). BYE! ❤
Wishing you the best.